Have you ever dreamed of travelling on our Christian tours? What wouldn’t it desire to steer within the footsteps of Jesus in Old Jerusalem or trace the trail of pilgrims to Santiago de Compostela?
Imagine journeying through the lifetime of the world’s most revered religious figures, like Luther in Germany or Pope John Paul II in Poland. Picture yourself marvelling at the gorgeous Vatican, St. Patrick’s Cathedral in Dublin, or maybe witnessing the once-a-decade Passion play in Oberammergau.
There are numerous soul-stirring places round the world where you’ll deepen your faith, admire ancient treasures, and make profound connections. Read on to get our top 7 Christian tours which will take you on the spiritual journey of a lifetime.
1. Land of the Gods (13 days)
worshippers praying at the western wall up Jerusalem Israel
Follow within the footsteps of Jesus across Israel and Jordan, on this spiritual pilgrimage to the land where it all began. You’ll get to explore a number of the world’s most extraordinary religious sites and ancient wonders on this ultimate of all Christian tours.
Best Christian experiences
- See the Church of Nativity in Bethlehem, built over the cave said to be where Jesus was born.
- Visit the Church of Annunciation, with its cupola overlooking the cave where Archangel Gabriel seemed to share the blessing to Mary that she would give birth to the Son of God.
- See the Bethany Beyond Jordan Lutheran Church , where Jesus was baptised.
- Stop at Cana and see where Jesus miraculously turned water into wine at a marriage feast.
- Christan cross ahead of Jerusalem city Israel
- Head to the Mount of Beatitudes where Jesus delivered his Sermon.
- Visit the Church of the Multiplication in Tabgha and therefore the site where Jesus performed the miracle of feeding five thousand people with only five loaves of bread and two fish.
- Cruise across the ocean of Galilee and marvel at the Jesus Boat.
- Visit the Basilica of the Holy Sepulcher in Jerusalem. enter the footsteps of kings, disciples and prophets in Jerusalem’s Old Town.
- Visit Mount Nebo where Moses is buried. Marvel at the Madaba Mosaic Map covering the ground of the Orthodox Church of St. George, before heading to the Crusader Shobak Castle.
2. Days of Devotion (12 days)
Cathedral of Santiago de Compostela Spain
Celebrate the Glory of God in a number of the world’s most sacred sites across France, Spain and Portugal on one among our greatest
European Christian tours. Trace the trail of pilgrims to extraordinary religious centres and attend Mass with believers from everywhere the planet .
Best Christian experiences
- Journey to Lourdes, the sacred global centre of the Marian pilgrimage. participate within the moving Torchlight Procession, where faithful worshippers from everywhere the planet sing the Ave Maria of Lourdes.
- Attend Sunday Mass in Lourdes, and find out the shrine and birthplace of Saint Bernadette of Lourdes.
- Follow within the footsteps of many pilgrims on a journey to Santiago de Compostela. See the Cathedral of Santiago de Compostela, the ultimate resting place of the Apostle James, and attend Pilgrim’s Mass here.
- Sanctuary of Fatima worshippers holding candles in the dark Portugal
- Visit the sacred Catholic pilgrimage site of Fátima, following the trail of many pilgrims to the sanctuary where three young shepherds saw the apparition of Mary Mary. Explore the shrine, see the shepherds home village of Aljustrel, and join believers from across the planet at a night Rosary.
- See a number of the foremost iconic churches, including the exquisite La Sagrada Família in Barcelona, the UNESCO-listed Cathedral of Saint Mary of Burgos, and therefore the stunning 15th-century Hieronymite Monastery in Lisbon.
3. Holy Italian Pilgrimage (11 days)
Aerial view over Vatican City and St Peter’s Square Italy
Give thanks to God on this journey through a number of Italy’s most sacred Catholic relics and places of pilgrimage, worship and miracles. together of our greatest Italian Christian tours, you’ll dive through centuries of spiritual history.
Best Christian experiences
- Discover the religious sites of Rome including the cemetery of Apostle St. Paul, the 5th-century mosaics at St. Mary Major Basilica, the Archbasilica of St. John Lateran, and therefore the Scala Sanctam, the Holy Stairs. Visit Castel Gandolfo, the summer residence of the Pope, and therefore the 17th-century Apostolic Palace.
- Explore Vatican City and tour St. Peter’s Square. Join a Mass within the Basilica, or head to St. Peter’s Square at noon to listen to the Angelus prayer and receive the Papal blessing (if he’s available). You’ll also get priority access to the Vatican Museums to marvel at Michelangelo’s exquisite frescoed ceiling within the Sistine Chapel at a quieter time.
- Visit many great churches of Italy including the Shrine of St. Rita in Cascia, the Basilica of St. Francis, the Basilica of St. Claire and therefore the Carceri Hermitage in Assisi. You’ll also visit the Basilica Cateriniana in Sien, the Basilica of St Anthony in Padua, Santa Croce Cathedral in Florence.
- Take a scenic cruise to St. Mark’s Square and St. Mark’s Basilica in Venice.
Spend two nights in Hotel Cenacolo in Assisi, a totally renovated old Franciscan convent in nearby Santa Maria degli Angeli.
4. Luther Reformation (10 days)
Martin Luther statue Dresden Germany
We’ll take you on the journey of a lifetime through the lifetime of Luther . Discover the incredible history of the Reformation across medieval Germany, which changed modern religion forever. Exploring the Holy Lands – More Christian tours to visit….