Best Christian experiences
- Discover the town of Wittenberg, the birthplace of Martin Luther’s protestant movement, where he nailed his 95 Theses to the door of the Castle Church in 1517. Visit this church where Luther is additionally buried, and join an area Specialist to explore Lutherhalle where he lived and made his “reformatory discovery”. You’ll also visit the Town Church, the mother church of the Reformation where Luther preached.
- Explore the town of Lutherstadt Eisleben, once the hometown of Luther . Join an area Specialist at the Church of Saints Peter and Paul where Luther was baptised. study his upbringing at Luther’s Birth House, a museum for Lutheran pilgrims since the 17th century.
- Follow within the young footsteps of the Reformist at Luther House in Eisenach where Luther lived as a toddler , and study his famous translation of the Bible.
- Visit Thomaskirche, where Luther preached his Whitsunday sermon in 1539, and therefore the final resting place of J.S. Bach.
- Visit the chapel of Hartenfels Castle in Torgau, consecrated by Luther in 1544.
- Discover Worms, the town that hosted the private conferences to make a decision Martin Luther’s fate after he published the 95 Theses.
- Explore the Mainz Cathedral and therefore the Gutenberg Monument in Mainz that commemorates the German printing of the Bible.
5. Pilgrimage to Poland (8 days)
Discover the remarkable resilience and deep Christian faith of Poland with this spiritual pilgrimage. Take an unforgettable journey across medieval Old Towns, historic centres and sacred cities.
Best Christian experiences
- Journey to Częstochowa, the spiritual centre of Poland. It’s home to the Black Madonna painted by Luke the Evangelist and enshrined after its discovery by St. Helen.
- Attend Mass with the area people at Jasna Gora Monastery and spend a while in personal reflection here.
- Discover Wadowice, the 13th-century city renowned because the birthplace of Pope John Paul II. Join an area Specialist to get the Basilica Minor where he prayed and was baptised as a toddler . You’ll also see his family home which is now a museum.
- Visit Zakopane, once the favourite retreat of Pope John Paul II and now a beloved place of worship for priests and bishops. See the Jaszczurowka Chapel and Sanctuary of Our Lady of Fatima in Krzeptowki, built by the people of Zakopane as because of God for saving the lifetime.
- Take a sombre visit to Auschwitz, the previous Polish concentration camp, and reflect on this moving experience at the Shrine of the Divine Mercy.
- Visit Niepokalanow and pay tribute to St. Maximilian Kolbe, founding father of one among the world’s largest Franciscan monasteries and therefore the martyr who volunteered to die in situ of a stranger at Auschwitz during WWII.
6. Sacred Ireland (9 days)
St. Patrick’s Cathedral Dublin Ireland Christian tours
Ireland’s breathtaking natural beauty offers the right setting to trace the footsteps of Ireland’s devoted believers. together of our greatest Irish Christian tours, you’ll really get to the guts of this country’s ancient religious heritage.
Best Christian experiences
- Enjoy a spiritual experience in St. Patrick’s Cathedral, the most important church in Ireland, standing for over 1,500 years.
- Explore the Trinity College in Dublin, home to the famous Book of Kells.
- Journey to the pilgrimage town of Knock, home to the Marian Shrine where villagers witnessed the Apparition of Our Lady in 1879. you’ll also attend Mass at the Parish Church within the evening.
- Learn how to make your own Brigit’s Cross at a weaving workshop within the spectacular Brigit’s Garden surrounded by the wildflowers meadows of Rosscahill.
- Trinity College library Dublin Ireland Christian tours
- Visit the Cathedral of Our Lady Assumed into Heaven and St. Nicholas in Galway, inbuilt the mid-20th century.
- Discover Kylemore Abbey, a former castle-like home transformed into a Benedictine monastery, with its beautiful Victorian Walled Garden.
- See the statue of St. Patrick at the foot of the ‘Holy Mountain’ at the Croagh Patrick Visitor Centre.
- See the Ballintubber Abbey in Westport, the sole church still in use in Ireland that was founded by an Irish king.
7. Oberammergau (Passion Play Performance)
Take an unforgettable journey along the Romantic Road through the Bavarian Alps to the town of Oberammergau in Germany. This gorgeous town is renowned for its once-a-decade Passion play , performed to thank God for sparing them from the plague within the 17th century.
The villagers have held the play every decade since 1634. You’ll witness their unwavering devotion to God during this moving five-hour performance that depicts the life, love and sacrifice of Jesus .
Christian group travel tours to witness this powerful event for over 50 years. We arrange premium seats for you, and a dining experience at an area restaurant during the show’s half-time break.
This is a real artistic masterpiece displaying the profound faith of the people of Oberammergau. It’s bound to be a spiritual encounter which will touch your soul and alter you forever.
Have you ever experienced church group travel? What are your dream Christian tours? allow us to know within the comments below!